small room treatment

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

small room treatment

Postby Mohammad » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi to all,

I have a small room with dimensions: 3.55m L x 2.1m W x 2.35m H, needed for human speech. I have used 17m2 of acoustic absorption panels with NRC of about 1.05. Also, I measured the Rt60before treatment it was about 1.2s before treatment and became 0.2 after treatment. I have distributed the 17m2 of acoustic panels almost evenly over ceiling and the three wall. The forth wall left blank [Gypsum Board] to be background for the talker.

I am wondering when we started recording the sound, still the human voice is strong. Not as strong as it before treatment but still strong. Would anyone inform me what might be the reason behind this strong voice??? Do I have to use more panels??? is the geometry of room bad enough to cause this distortion even after treatment???
Mohammad

Re: small room treatment

Postby bert stoltenborg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 am

What do you mean with: the human voice is strong? Can you describe the problems you seem to have?
If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you are a marketing manager.......this is my personal philosophy
bert stoltenborg

Postby Mohammad » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:45 pm

I mean it is still resonating or let me say [rich] in spite of furnishing the sound absorbents. Like if the microphone gain is high.
Mohammad

Postby bert stoltenborg » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Measuring reverberation is of no use in such a small room.
Reverb is a soundfield that's stochastic, so you have no direction, and it is calculated after the initial sound is down 5 dB. In a small room this is meaningless.
You could measure if there are resonances in the room sustaining certain frequencies in the vocal range.
If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you are a marketing manager.......this is my personal philosophy
bert stoltenborg

Postby Mohammad » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:03 pm

How can I measure the resonance?? by impulse response test?? Can I use REW software??
Mohammad

Postby bert stoltenborg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Absolutely.
bert stoltenborg

Postby Mohammad » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Many Thanks
Mohammad

Return to Discussion