Paul's STUDIO BUILD DIARY

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Re: Paul's STUDIO BUILD DIARY

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:57 am

The word SPAMMER comes in as an automatic replacement to all the f words.

I just bought a new set of SPANNERs.
Bob

Postby Paul Woodlock » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 pm

BIG8 wrote:No hack attack, Paul.

The word SPAMMER comes in as an automatic replacement to all the f words. :D

Since you are a fond user of the f word, it is no surprise that your thread is heavily SPAMMERed :lol:

Cheers,
Jean

Wassup jean ( and everyone :) )

Aww really? That's terrible.
Paul Woodlock
Strange Being

Postby Paul Woodlock » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:13 am

Hi guys.

I'm really saddened by this. Those of you who remember will know I was very upset at the previous censorship of my studio build diary. Check back to page 106 onwards for details.

I'm very upset by this. I spent 2 whole years compiling this diary on a daily basis because I thought it would benefit other DIY studio builders. And now it's littered with the cancerous cells of "SPAMMER"

It took a long time and was very tedious, but I've downloaded every page of the diary. I shall use a text editor to get rid of this immature SPAMMER nonsense and publish it myself. At least that way I know it won't be vulnerable to the whims of those who wish to dictate to others what they can and cannot read.

At least if I publish it myself I can avoid it being censored.

Hope everyone is cool and F.U.C.K censorship!!!

Cheers

Paul :)
Paul Woodlock
Strange Being

Postby bert stoltenborg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:02 am

Agree with Paul.
I don't consider his diarea as insulting or discriminating, so he has the right to use his own lingo.
I wouldn't like to read neuromancer or Bonfire of the vanities with all the swearing censored.
If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you are a marketing manager.......this is my personal philosophy
bert stoltenborg

Postby Terry Montlick » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Isn't this stupid SPAMMER thing simply a BBS default software setting that someone can change?? If we don't want censorship, must we have it?
Terry Montlick Labs
Tweeters tweaked. Woofers neutered.
Terry Montlick

Postby Phil Pendlebury » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi Paul,

Got directed here as was concerned at your lack of posting on the usual other forums. :-) Was asking if you were OK.

But while I'm here...

It would take TIME I know but it would be great to see your studio diary in a proper blog format.

I've started using one recently as I was getting hounded by bandwidth issues etc. - they have come a long way. the instant formatting of pictures etc. is very neat.

Take a quick look at mine:

http://philpendlebury.blogspot.com/

And if you're still awake maybe consider doing one for your diary...

:-)

Glad you're OK anyway.

Phil Pendlebury

Postby Paul Woodlock » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Terry Montlick wrote:Isn't this stupid SPAMMER thing simply a BBS default software setting that someone can change?? If we don't want censorship, must we have it?

Wassup Terry

No it's not default. Default is no censorship. One has to decide on what words one wants censored and then decide upon a replacement. It's easily turned off. We had this issue before while I was actually writing the diary.
Paul Woodlock
Strange Being

Postby Paul Woodlock » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:03 am

Phil Pendlebury wrote:Hi Paul,

Got directed here as was concerned at your lack of posting on the usual other forums. :-) Was asking if you were OK.

But while I'm here...

It would take TIME I know but it would be great to see your studio diary in a proper blog format.

I've started using one recently as I was getting hounded by bandwidth issues etc. - they have come a long way. the instant formatting of pictures etc. is very neat.

Take a quick look at mine:

http://philpendlebury.blogspot.com/

And if you're still awake maybe consider doing one for your diary...

Glad you're OK anyway.

Cheers mate. I haven't been on 'usual other forums for a few days, I'll pop in in a bit. Apart from being fatigued I'm OK cheers :)

I've noticed another deterioration with this forum in that picture attachments appear in silly scroll bars until you click on them. very messy. I think it's javacript nonsense. When I get time I'll run the Diary html files through Dreamweaver, remove the SPAMMER crap and get rid of the awful scrollbars. I could maybe write a php utility to reformat the whole thing automatically and get rid of any hinderances

Actually t probably wouldn't take much to write a php routine to write each post into a new phpBB3 forum anyway. I'll look into it. :)
Paul Woodlock
Strange Being

Postby amt » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 am

Paul,
Perhaps an admin here can run a SQL query in the DB admin console to extract the data from your diary.

It'll probably look something like this:
SELECT * FROM `phpbb3_posts` WHERE `topic_id`=107

They should then be able to export the resulting query for you to use as you wish. This will not include the replacement words, as censoring is performed dynamically when a topic is displayed (ie. the original post data always remains intact).
Just a thought and would perhaps save you a lot of time editing.

Cheers
Andrew

By the way did you receive my PM over at cubase.net - would appreciate your thoughts on my studio build.
Andrew Townsend
Equipment :: New Studio Build
amt

Postby StevenAY » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 pm

I like the scroll bars because this is the only forum that can be browsed in dial up without the page jumping all over while it loads making it near impossible to read sometimes. I probobly will be able to get broadband soon but it is one nice thing about that feature.
StevenAY

Previous

Return to Discussion