Wall Treatment

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Wall Treatment

Postby bolehnggak » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:01 am

Hi,

I have questions regarding wall treatment.
- The most common practice for recording studio wall treatment is to cover all the wall and ceiling with rockwool covered with burlap/fabric, besides all diffusors or resonators. Is this neccesary?
- The wall is a plastered brick wall, and the room is not too big. Can I leave some walls blank with no treatment?

Ari
bolehnggak

Postby bolehnggak » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:53 am

Oops, what I meant for common practice is, what most people do for their recording studio here in Indonesia. They always put burlap all over walls and ceilngs, except for the windows and floors, and they are carpeted also.
When I see pictures of recording studios in the US or other countries, the pictures are not detail enough with walls. Are they doing the same thing, covering gypsum boards with burlaps?

Ari
bolehnggak

Postby Dan Nelson » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:36 am

There is no reason to cover all the walls in a fabric. Many are, many are not. Many of the studios I have been to in the US, have large amounts of woodwork as well as wall fabric. Sometimes I cover large sections of wall to cover all the absorbers, reflectors, and diffusers on the wall.

Dan
Dan Nelson

Return to Discussion