OT / recommendation for digi camera

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Re: OT / recommendation for digi camera

Postby Zaphod » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 am

This year we tried planting some blueberries, but not much result yet.

We'll keep trying, you know :mrgreen:
I try never to get involved in my own life. Too much trouble. :mrgreen:
Zaphod

Postby Terry Montlick » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Zaphod wrote:This year we tried planting some blueberries, but not much result yet.

We'll keep trying, you know :mrgreen:

They love acid soil. I lowered the pH of my blueberry patch down to about 4.5, and the plants are very grateful! :D
Terry Montlick Labs
Tweeters tweaked. Woofers neutered.
Terry Montlick

Postby J.F.Oros » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 pm

My mom made a lot of blueberries jam this year. Im not a big fan of it, though, I always prefer good ol' plum jam when I'm eating my pancakes ! :D
... studiOTipper ...
J.F.Oros

Postby Ido » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:21 am

any you fellas been to this reservation, "pyramide lake" near reno nevada, US?
saw it in a movie. seems out of this world.
these pics are not too good (from the official site), but look for the ones furthr down..

http://www.plpt.nsn.us/slideshows/pyram ... /frame.htm
signature
Ido

Postby J.F.Oros » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Well, I guess i'll have the honor of being the first poster in 2016, and we're almost on march already... Where's everybody? :|

Browsing through this thread brought nice memories and filled me with nostalgia over times that will probably never come back... And i don't mean the youth years, but the times when all the funny bunch of individuals us were spending lots of time together here.. At least one of our dearest friends will definitely not be here again..

This month makes 10 years since Ido started this thread about photography, which of course went OT soon, and its interesting and fun to see how it evolved over the few years it spanned and how it touched a lot of our common hobbies/passions (audio, cars, food.. women.. :mrgreen: ...) but also involved more dramatic themes like the EW problems, the censoring of the forum, the Ido's war related home trouble and many other things. It all seems so far away, but still somehow its like only happened yesterday..

But, other than making myself hated by everyone here by bringing the fact that we're all 10 years older :mrgreen: , i actually wanted to let you know that (as usually being late to the party) a few days ago i bought myself my first DSLR. Its funny, in february 2006 when Ido started this discussion, i was just buying my first camera (a Canon point-and-shoot), 5 years later in february 2011 i bought a Nokia N8 phone with a supercamera on it (12mpix, Carl Zeiss lens, xenon flash) which kind of put my Canon on retirement, and now, exactly another 5 years later, i bought a Nikon D3300 kit. And all those 10 years i kept my camera(s) on Auto mode (except when i had to take close up/macroshots), while always promising myself that i will start looking more into the technical parts and start learning some more serious photography. And, with my typical laziness, it took me 10 years to do it, but now i'm spending all day reading reviews of lenses and watching utube photography tips and tutorials and planning what should i buy next, besides the cheapo kit lens i got (Nikkor AF-P 18-55mm VR). If only i knew the fun of it, i would have started this from the very beginning :mrgreen: Not that i would have had money to spend on it anyway, haha.

My next purchase will be a Sigma 10-20mm ultrawide, needed to be able take pictures with the studios i design, so i can finally start putting some decent pictures on my company's webpages. I'm also thinking for a prime lens, probably a 35mm or a 50mm/1.8 (still trying to decide which one would i need more), and maybe even something like a Tamron 70-200/2.8 if i will find enough reasons to justify the expense :mrgreen: . Actually Sigma had a nice 50-150mm/2.8 that i would have liked to buy, i guess more appropriate for the crop sensors and to complement the 18-55mm range, but they stopped making it :(
Anyway, i think you got my point, i got the BUG :lol:

And, just in the spirit of the forum, because i know its "pics or didnt happen", im attaching my first picture taken with the camera (ok, technically its the 3rd shoot on the same thing), just an attempt to see if i can get any bokeh with the kit lens. Its not very sharp though, because it was late at night, i was too lazy to use a tripod and the light wasn't too good in the room, so the shutter time went too high, even at ISO800 (i was on aperture priority).
Wow, i'm already starting to sound like i'm knowing what i'm doing, huh? :mrgreen:

Happy shooting everyone and a Happy new year as well! :)

PS: maybe you guys knows about it for ages, but i just recently found the DigitalRev channel and im having lots of guilty pleasure watching it, not just for the photography news/tips, but mainly for the british(kind of) humor and the asian sexiness seasoning :mrgreen:
Attachments
DSC_0003_(resized).jpg
Its a 50% resize from the original 6000x4000 pic, just to keep it more download friendly. Also an auto levels was applied, was a bit dark.
(805.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
... studiOTipper ...
J.F.Oros

Postby bert stoltenborg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Life makes sense to me again after this post, Flav.
If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you are a marketing manager.......this is my personal philosophy
bert stoltenborg

Postby J.F.Oros » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Why Bert? Did you find some hidden number 42 in my post? :mrgreen:
... studiOTipper ...
J.F.Oros

Postby Ido » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:08 am

Flav, you must have done something with the spirits cause for some reason I got here, and haven't logged on for ages...
On the 1 hand things have changed cause I'm here via smartphone,
On the other no change cause I aint seeing your pic...
Take care compadres
signature
Ido

Postby J.F.Oros » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Ahh... must be because i didn't place the image inline in the message, being too large for that. No wonder no one downloaded it :D
Here it is again, super reduced in size from the original 24 Mpix, i hope it shows up now.
:mrgreen:
DSC_0003_(small).jpg
(113.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
... studiOTipper ...
J.F.Oros

Postby Ido » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:49 am

anybody there?
I'm happily downing a beer in a middle of a work day,
and watching this movie I really like (in a middle of a work day),
and though with advanced dementia I can't rememeber all kinds of important stuff, I remember our leader S. Foster liked a movie "Burgess" or something, and this movie is same director-writer and some of the actors...
Seven Psychopaths
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1931533/
signature
Ido

Postby bert stoltenborg » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:35 pm

More people should be happily downing beer on the middle of a working day, bro!
If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you are a marketing manager.......this is my personal philosophy
bert stoltenborg

Postby Ido » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:14 am

Would be even better in your company,
but can we find something dark & stout this time in the middle of our work day? :mrgreen:
signature
Ido

Previous

Return to Discussion