Green Glue from five gallon tub: applicator?

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Green Glue from five gallon tub: applicator?

Postby chconnor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi - I have a couple of five gallon pails of green glue about to go up. The drywall contractor expressed concern at the difficulty of refilling the applicator (wanted me to check it out, not that he expected a problem); I purchased a non-cheap applicator for the purpose, but not the official GG gun or from a soundproofing company (just the local hardware store.) I figure the installer can cut the nozzle back to whatever size would be needed since GG isn't picky about how it's applied... or worst case take off the tip and suck into the tube directly (though that sounds really messy). Wondering if anyone with experience on this subject has an opinion about using generic refillable applicators instead of the sound store products?

Thanks!
-Casey
chconnor

Re: Green Glue from five gallon tub: applicator?

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:13 am

Ted White of Green Glue doesn't usually hang out here, although he's a member.
He does hang out at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=456614
Regards
Bob Golds
"The only thing we regret in life is the love we failed to give."
"Be a rapturist -- the backward of a terrorist. Commit random acts of senseless kindness, whenever possible" - Jake Stonebender
Bob

Postby chconnor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 am

Thank you - To be sure, I ended up getting all the stuff set up and opened up and tested it out... no prob at all... sucked right in there. -c
chconnor

Postby Ted White » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:26 pm

All applicators are not created equal: http://www.soundproofingcompany.com/products/speedload/

This link simply shows that there are differences between these types of applicators. If someone feels this is an inapropriate link (it's my company's website) please let me know and I will remove it.
Ted White

Return to Discussion