Acoustic doors manufacturers

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Acoustic doors manufacturers

Postby akustik2010 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 am

What are the top soundproof doors manufactures in the world?
akustik2010

Re: Acoustic doors manufacturers

Postby Scott R. Foster » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm

on the job site?
SRF
Scott R. Foster

Re: Acoustic doors manufacturers

Postby Rod Gervais » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Akustik,

I begin this with the impression that you are talking swinging man-doors here.

That having been said I agree with Scott, or at least when it comes to recording studios.

For movie studios I would not manufacture doors. Nor would I purchase doors from anyone other than Overly Door Company. I have had great success with their products, they are first rate , with excellent hardware, although they do cost more than some of their competitors.

I make the distinction because the needs of the 2 are widely varied. In a recording studio architectural features are just as important as functional needs. A first class carpenter can manufacture a door on-site, using high quality seals that will rival anything you could purchase for a fraction of the cost. When completed you will have a beautiful assembly with excellent isolating values.

But, these doors will not stand up to the level of abuse that doors within a movie studio typically receive.

There are other settings that I would opt for Overly Doors as well, hospitals, laboratory settings, etc. would be better suited using pre-manufactured doors (IMHO)

Rod
Rod

If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you will find the load to be a lot lighter then it might be otherwise......... this is my personal philosophy
Rod Gervais

Return to Discussion