Designing new studio room - need help

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Designing new studio room - need help

Postby beefheart1212 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 am

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in the process of soundproofing one of my rooms for vocal recordings and non 'room reverb' type sounds (also for solo instruments and things like that). And well, I was hoping I could get advice from people in this forum regarding how to approach soundproofing my room and what particular types of absorbers/diffusors/bass traps I should use.

I've drawn up the measurements of the room so you all can get an clear idea of the workspace that I am using. You can view/download the image of my room via the following link:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/maxofmind/Room1A.jpg

I usually place the mic a little off center so to avoid recording standing waves. I am using an sE Electronics Gemini microphone with a reverb shield and that goes into my UAD preamp.

Am I right in my mic positioning? Can I improve the sound in this room? Which particular frequencies should I be watching out for in this room?

Cool, any advice or ideas I can get from all of you would mean the world to me! Look forward to hearing from you all! :D
beefheart1212

Re: Designing new studio room - need help

Postby beefheart1212 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:31 am

can no one help or direct me in the right direction of how to conquer my vocal room? :cry:
beefheart1212

Re: Designing new studio room - need help

Postby jcgriggs23 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I think you'll find everything you need in the FAQ. Read that and then ask any specific questions you have - I think you'll get a better response from this group that way...

Regards,
John
jcgriggs23

Return to Discussion