Source for 2' x 4' bags for use w/ own insulation?

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Source for 2' x 4' bags for use w/ own insulation?

Postby Robert2004 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 am

I've been unable to source these bags from the two most visible (in terms of Google searching) companies. One won't sell to customers direct; the other is unable to stock them. I did find another company that sells bags from used coffee bean bags, but I'm after something without a printed surface. I would imagine there is a good need for such bags, so I'm baffled why they're so hard to find. I've read they're not inexpensive to make, but if there is a market, charge what is necessary, I say. Thanks for any reference(s) anyone can provide.
Robert2004

Re: Source for 2' x 4' bags for use w/ own insulation?

Postby Bob » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 am

I was going to recommend Ready Bags from
http://www.readyacoustics.com/blog/
but it seems they don't sell them anymore.
They do have DIY kits, sort of, but that includes frame and insulation as near as I can see.

And EZ-Wrap Acoustic Fabric seems to be gone from the other site too.
Regards
Bob Golds
"The only thing we regret in life is the love we failed to give."
"Be a rapturist -- the backward of a terrorist. Commit random acts of senseless kindness, whenever possible" - Jake Stonebender
Bob

Postby Robert2004 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Bob wrote:http://www.readyacoustics.com/blog/

I bought (frameless) bags from them in the past and would have outfitted my whole studio with more, but that didn't work out. Same is true for two other studio owners I know of locally. It's baffling. Seems like a business opportunity for someone. The idea of buying one's insulation locally, and having just the bags shipped, makes a lot of sense.

As it stands, I have enough 703 to cover my needs, if only I can find appropriate bags.

Bob
Robert2004

Postby gullfo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

maybe find someone locally who can sew up a bunch of rectangular pillow cases that are 2'x4'x4" with a zipper on one end :-) (w/ all the usual about flame retardant treatment and acoustic transparency etc etc)
Glenn
gullfo

Postby Rod Gervais » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Bob wrote:I was going to recommend Ready Bags from
http://www.readyacoustics.com/blog/
but it seems they don't sell them anymore.
They do have DIY kits, sort of, but that includes frame and insulation as near as I can see.

And EZ-Wrap Acoustic Fabric seems to be gone from the other site too.

Bob,

I have to believe that there is just not enough of a profit margin for these products to make it worth it when it comes down to the free market value.

BTW - hi - been a while - hope you folks are all doing well.
Rod

If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you will find the load to be a lot lighter then it might be otherwise......... this is my personal philosophy
Rod Gervais

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Rod Gervais wrote:- hi - been a while

Hi !
Bob

Return to Discussion