Office Acoustics

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Office Acoustics

Postby taylorlandis » Mon May 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I work in a small office space (only 8 employees) in a teaming cubicle. Therefore, I have some (not a lot, but enough) visual privacy, but hardly any sound privacy. Currently, I resort to headphones to block out other conversations or phone calls taking place in the background, however, this can be distracting at times as well.

Any suggestions for acoustic panels or decorations small enough to seclude my cubicle only? I'm not trying to redecorate the entire office space with large partitions or hanging acoustic decor from the ceiling (although I do like this idea and should mention it to my boss).

Thanks in advance!
taylorlandis

Re: Office Acoustics

Postby bert stoltenborg » Mon May 21, 2018 4:02 pm

How is everybody located and how does your cubicle look?
If you view life with the knowledge that there are no problems, only opportunities, you are a marketing manager.......this is my personal philosophy
bert stoltenborg

Re: Office Acoustics

Postby taylorlandis » Tue May 22, 2018 5:14 pm

The teaming cubicles consist of two L-shape desks. We're in groups of 2, so I share a teaming cubicle with my marketing director (the two of us make up the marketing department. However, the walls are very low and the top panel is glass. I can see through the top glass panel while sitting in my desk chair so I have total vision of the entire office. The marketing director and I are seated almost back-to-back with no wall separating the two of us. It's a relatively small and open space.
taylorlandis

Return to Discussion