Bonus Room Studio - Vaulted Ceilings

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Bonus Room Studio - Vaulted Ceilings

Postby RobDriscoll » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:06 am

Hello! Thanks for adding me to your forum. I've been reading for several days. Lots of great information! I have also read (first time thru) Ron's Gervais' book “Home Recording Studio…build it like the pros” (2nd Edition - 2011).

I am building my next house and studio. The house is mostly finished, except for the bonus room above the garage. The space is small but not tiny (400 sq ft) with half-walls and vaulted ceilings of various angles. Rod's book devoted a small part of a chapter on the design challenges (and opportunities) of attic rooms, but I have a lot of questions that were not addressed. I'm fairly competent in basic design and competent in construction. I would really like to learn as much as possible before I get serious about the design.

Here are my questions:

1) Can anyone recommend any resources that focus on studio designs in bonus rooms/attics over garages, vaulted ceilings, half walls, etc.?
2) Are there any recommended, more recent text books and/or additional on-line resource's that might cover newer concepts, products, and innovative design principles, particularly for the home studio market?

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Rob Driscoll
Harmonic Endeavors, LLC
rjdriscoll@hrtc.net
RobDriscoll

Return to Discussion