The Easiest Bass Trap EVER????

Post and discuss acoustic topics, Studio design, construction, and soundproofing here

Postby casey » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:16 pm

DP:

No I didn't get the "acoustic blanket", I got the rigid fiberglass.
Isn't the acoustic blanket made from wool?

Blackline: I got the MDF 1x4 at Home Depot. They have 1x4, 1x6, and
I think even 1x8 depending on how thick you want to make your
absorbers. I used metal L-brackets to make the frames, but you could just use screws. Once the fiberglass panels are in, it's very sturdy.
casey

Postby DP » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:00 pm

Casey,
No, acoustic blanket isn't "wool" . It's fiberglass ( same as the black board) it just isn't compressed tightly like the board ( and no binder I would suspect ).
I just checked out the OC site, and this is what it says: " SelectSound® Black Acoustic Blanket is an all-black wool product with a black mat surface composed of inorganic glass fibers. "
So I guess in a way we're both right :) . I suppose that by "wool" they mean soft and flexible, sort of like a puptentacle...

Regards
DP

Postby Eric.Desart » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:17 pm

Dave,

Such soft blankets have little binder, but really without binder in blankets one find in this industrial chicken wire blankets.
But there they have to stitch the wool to the chickenwire.

The purpose this is made for is that mostly the binder itself causes a temperature limit.
divinely-inspired
Eric.Desart

Re: The Easiest Bass Trap EVER????

Postby aksharaajith » Sat May 26, 2018 6:30 pm

I am usingacoustical blankets I am having a wonderful and satisfied experience. They are available clear, non-reinforced, and reinforced in a variety of weights and styles to meet a multitude of applications.
aksharaajith

Previous

Return to Discussion