From: john/blackcabin <blackcabin@x????xxx.xxxx
Date: Sun Jan 16, 2000 4:55 pm
Subject: Re: Digest Number 66
Jon Best wrote:
> From: Jon Best <jrbest@e...>
> Actually, this kind of brings up something I still don't really have straight
in my head- what are the pros/cons/differences between hanging some absorption
set away from the wall with the space behind it closed off vs. with the space
behind it open on the
> sides? i.e., a free-hanging piece of 703 or equivalent that you can pass
your hand behind, or a boxed in, deep frame fronted with the same 703 in the
same relation to the wall?
And while on the subject (sorta)...
1) What are the pros/cons to stuffing a box type absorber with batts
of fiberglas ?
2) Would one stuff said absorber regardless of the material used for
the baffle ie. "703", plywood/masonite, etc?
3) What are the pros/cons to using a fiberglas (loose or ridgid)
product with a paper or foil backing ?
4) Should the backing be installed adjacent to the wall or the
the little house that rocks
"All rock musicians and soundmen are deaf in some form or fashion. No
one can do these jobs for a living for many years without frying
- Tommy Womack from the "Cheese Chronicles" -